we are the leaders in
dmv certified car dealer education
in response to high demand
we are now offering a spanish language car dealer class
in modesto at crows landing for those who prefer a spanish teacher
we offer a downloadable spanish handbook after the class
you may call the instructor direct
Some car dealer attorneys defend the dealer
Some car dealer attorneys defend the buyer
Selecting a good attorney is important
Car Dealer Attorneys for sellers
Car Dealer Attorneys for the buyer
READY, SET, GO Getting your Dealer License
All California vehicle dealer applicants must take a mandatory six-hour coursetraining as mandated by the Department of Motor Vehicles before obtaining a vehicle dealer license. We conduct the courses throughout California. The fee for our new dealer course is:
$ 100 – with taking the online tutorial
$ 200 – without taking the online tutorial AND
$ 300 – for our private classes.
TriStar training is an excellent alternative to most new dealer programs, as we are retired training officers and not in the business of selling you dealer products.
The goal of each session is to provide comprehensive training is an easy to read and follow format. As our student you will be shown the required materials in our handbook, with an in-depth explanation of each required topic.
At anytime, if you have questions or need help in solving a problem you may email your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free at: 800-901-5950
Signing up for the DMV approved pre-licensing class:
Registration and Class Completion – The course mandate covers a variety of topics and our program has full approval of the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
Download Our How Do I Become A Car Dealer Check list to get all of your questions answered.
to secure your seat with a valid credit card. Confirmation and directions will be sent via USPS, E Mail or FAX with in 24 hours.
To signup for a class by FAX, call 1-888-948-1795 and fax a copy of your ID, Along with your choice of class date and location
If sign up by phone call: 800-901-5950. If you know the course date and location just leave us your fax or email address with course information and we will send you a class confirmation.
Want More information about getting a dealer license? Read on:
There are basically three major steps you must complete to getting your license.
Complete the TriStar Motors 6 hour new dealer course, including our
practice test Sign up now online.
Obtain your class certificate upon completion of the course.
Make an appointment with the local DMV Inspector and pass the DMV Examination.
You will need 28 of 40 correct to pass the dmv multiple-choice examination. Three examination attempts are allowed on one pre-licensing certificate, one week apart. ( if you fail the car dealer examination go to http://licensedsalesperson.com & study )
After that if you fail the examination we retrain & re-certify you for free. Our dmv pre-licensing certificates are valid one year from the date of your car dealer class.
Expired certificates can be renewed by faxing your photo ID, contact number, expired certificate and your current mailing address to us at: 1-888-948-1795. Pre-licensing car dealer class fee of $100. when you submit your expired certificate.
Prepare and submit your dealer application with a valid surety bond, resale permit & zoning approval letter
You will have to identify the type of dealership including an estimate of sales volume
The application must include a surety bond. A bond is a promise you make to the state, a promise that you will, in the event of a problem, have adequate financial coverage to solve the problem.
$ 10,000 bond needed if: Wholesale Only & less than 25 cars per year
Otherwise a $ 50,000 bond is needed
The premium you will pay to obtain a bond is based on the collective credit of the owners of the dealership.
The application must include a resale permit.
The Board of Equalization issues these resale permits and may require an additional bond for sales tax collection.
The application must include a zoning approval letter.
Each locality may place restrictions and charge fees to obtain local zoning approval. This is usually handled in an office called planning, and is generally where building permits are offered.
Some cities allow wholesale only in the home office. This will usually be approved with restrictions on vehicle storage and outsign signage.
Sometimes is it easier to start as wholesale & build up to retail.
Since wholesale dealers are restricted to within the industry acquisition and no selling to the public, some retail dealers will sell the occasional vehicle for a wholesaler.
This is known as a drafted sale, and the fee ranges from as low as $ 50. to as high as $ 1000.
Remember, the Inspector will have to put his or her name on your application prior to submission to DMV headquarters in Sacramento. The more complete and concise your application the greater the chance of acceptance and approval.
Office Preparation and Photo Set
In order for your office to pass inspection several requirements must be met & demonstrated in photos prior to an actual inspection by the DMV.
A temporary license may be issued at the discretion of the Inspector prior to actual inspection.
A set of photos will help insure a temporary license & approval.
All dealers must maintain an office.
All offices must receive proper zoning approval.
Two dealers may not share the same address / office.
A dealer may share space with another business as long as such usage is approved by the local zoning authority and the business are clearly marked and separate.
The required photos are of the:
– Outside Sign
– Display Area
– Business License
– Posted Resale License
– Office Phone
– Office Signs
– Locked Cabinet or Safe
– Checkbook / Deposit Slip
– DMV Dealer Book
We are now offering our Study Guide-Class Outline © and Practice Exam © online to better help you prepare for your Dealer Licensing test (Please Note: this is not the online class which is offered to returning students). This tutorial will assist the New Dealer Student to:
Prepare for the class in advance.
Ask informed questions of the instructor during class
Provide ready access to the study guide and practice exam to those interested in becoming a salesperson or dealer.
If you have more questions please email us at: email@example.com
many local law enforcement are ignorant when it comes to dmv dealer plate usage rules
if you are improperly cited for proper dealer plate use
contact the watch commander of the issuing agency
and forward the below published car dealer plate usage regulations
issued by the state of california
dmv dealer plate use from the california code of regulations
BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
TITLE 13. MOTOR VEHICLES
DIVISION 1. DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES
CHAPTER 1. DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES
ARTICLE 3.3. SPECIAL PLATES
This database is current through 8/16/13
§ 201.00. Use of Special Plates Issued to a Dealer, Manufacturer, Remanufacturer, or Distributor.
(a) Special plates referenced in this section may only be used on vehicles that a dealer, manufacturer, remanufacturer, or distributor owns or lawfully possesses.
(b) The following individuals may operate a vehicle with special plates for any purpose:
(1) An individual who is the sole owner, a general partner, a manager of a limited liability company, or a corporate officer or director of a dealer, manufacturer, remanufacturer, or distributor, provided that individual is actively engaged in the management and control of the business operations of the dealer, manufacturer, remanufacturer, or distributor;
(2) A general manager, or business manager, or sales manager who is actively engaged in the management and control of the business operations of the dealer, manufacturer, remanufacturer, or distributor when no other individual meets the criteria in (1) above;
(3) An individual employed by a manufacturer or distributor and licensed as a representative.
(c) Any licensed driver may operate a vehicle with special plates for any purpose if an individual identified in section (b) is also in the vehicle.
(1) An unaccompanied licensed driver, who regularly resides in the immediate household of an individual identified in section (b), may operate a vehicle with special plates solely to pick up or drop off that individual.
(d) A licensed driver who is an employee of a dealer, manufacturer, remanufacturer or distributor may drive a vehicle with special plates when that employee is acting within the course and scope of his or her employment.
(e) Any licensed driver may operate a vehicle with dealer, manufacturer, remanufacturer, or distributor special plates for special event purposes if the operator carries a letter of authorization from the licensee identifying the vehicle, duration, and location of operation, and person(s) authorized to operate the vehicle.
(f) Any licensed driver, who is a prospective buyer or lessee, may test drive a vehicle with special plates for up to seven days.
(1) A salesperson is not required to be present.
(2) If a salesperson is not present, the operator must carry a letter of authorization from the licensee identifying the vehicle, duration, and person(s) authorized to operate the vehicle.
(g) Employees of a commercial vehicle dealer, manufacturer, remanufacturer, or distributor who must operate a commercial vehicle in the course of their employment, may take a commercial drive test in a commercial vehicle displaying dealer, manufacturer, remanufacturer, or distributor special plates.
(h) A trailer, displaying special plates, may be towed by a vehicle with Vehicle Code authority to operate on the highways.
(i) Any use of special plates issued to a dealer, manufacturer, remanufacturer, or distributor except as specified is prohibited.
Note: Authority cited: Section 1651, Vehicle Code. Reference: Sections 11714, 11715 and 11716, Vehicle Code.
To subscribe to the e-mail alert service logon to www.emailalert.dmv.ca.gov/subscriptions.asp.
This page contains detailed instructions on how to subscribe.
The Industry Tools Home Page located at
provides convenient access to information and links that are pertinent to the vehicle registration industry.
certified dmv dealer education
we make it simple for you
we figure you will need $ 300. per month to legally operate
we estimate your wholesale
home based part time car dealer license
your car dealer bond $ 300.
your car dealer training $ 150.
your car dealer insurance $ 1800.
your car dealer license $ 150.
your car dealer plates $ 150.
your car dealer forms $ 200.
your car dealer office expenses $ 500.
your car dealer auction access $ 100.
your car dealer checking account $ 250.
get licensed with our car dealer school
WE TEACH CAR DEALER EDUCATION
HERE ARE THE 3 MOST IMPORTANT ITEMS ON OUR
ZONING, FINGERPRINTS, BOND
The Dmv Zoning approval is required of each car dealer license location
Dmv Zoning approval is done at the local level ( planning department )
Dmv requires completion of a specific form
Dmv OL902 Zoning form: http://dmv.ca.gov/forms/ol/ol902.htm
The car dealer license process requires LiveScan Fingerprints
LiveScan Fingerprints are dispatched electronically
Dmv requires LiveScan clearance to issue a temporary car dealer license ( 30-45 days )
Dmv 8016 LiveScan form: http://dmv.ca.gov/forms/ol/dmv8016.pdf
Each car dealer application must submit a car dealer bond
10k bond for wholesale, 24 cars or less per year
50k bond for all retail, autobroker or wholesale above 24 cars per year
Car Dealer Bond Quote: EZDealerBond.com
Call our bond agent mike for additional help: 714-797-5780
WE MAKE IT SIMPLE FOR YOU
TO GET LICENSED
#1 DMV CERTIFIED CAR DEALER SCHOOL
for 5 free vehicle history reports
$ 20. per month subscription
$ 1.00 per vehicle history report
AND TO ORDER STICKERS :
CA DMV Red Salvage Stickers ( set of 50 ) by TriStar Motors
CA DMV Red Verified Clean Title Stickers ( set of 50 ) by TriStar Motors
imagine a car dealer school
taught by real car dealers
we are the only ones with a
retail / autobroker car dealer license
who actually teach
we are not attorneys
we are not selling forms
we are not bond agents
we do not sell insurance
we have no software for you
learn how to get licensed from the
In all of the following locations:
· Del Mar
· San Jose
dmv requires a training class to take your car dealer license examination
dmv requires you pass a 40 question exam to submit your car dealer license application
we teach the required dmv license certification class in more places than anyone else
find out why our competition struggles to match our offer
could it be better value??
could it be better pricing??
could it be our dedication to customer service??
we like to think it is all three
visit our website to see our entire class schedule
joseph is our car dealer license instructor on the central coast
we have a classes in aptos, salinas, san luis obisbo and santa barbara every month
good luck with getting your car dealer license
BHPH Dealer Requirements
The new legislation requires BHPH dealers, on every vehicle sold or leased, to:
Restrict the use of global positioning satellite (GPS) and starter interrupt devices,
unless the buyer has been advised. As with all consumer advisory requirements, the
department recommends the advisory statement be in writing and the buyer’s
signature is obtained on such written document.
Affix and prominently display a label on any used vehicle offered for retail sale that
states the reasonable market value of the vehicle. The label must meet all of the
—Printed with a heading in at least 16-point bold type that reads
“REASONABLE MARKET VALUE OF THIS VEHICLE”
with text at least 12-point type.
—Located adjacent to the Used Car Buyer’s Guide located prominently and
conspicuously on the vehicle so that it is readily readable.
—Identify all equipment included with the vehicle.
—Contain the information used to determine the reasonable market value of the
vehicle, including, but not limited to, the use of a nationally recognized pricing
guide for used vehicles.
—Contain the date the reasonable market value was determined.
—Indicate that the reasonable market value is being provided only for comparison
shopping and is not the retail sales price or the advertised price of the vehicle.
– Private Dealer Pre-Licensing Class Options
– DMV Pre-Licensing Dealer Class Requirements
– Pre-Licensing Dealer Class Schedule
Private Classes for Renewal and Pre-License Students
We provide you the ability to operate your dealership within current DMV guidelines. You get to sit back and relax for 4 to 6 hours of dealer education (renewals 4 hr/ pre-licensing 6 hr). We will have you review your dealership with a series of questions and at the end of the course we will provide the course completion form.We teach private classes in all locations listed above as well as:
· Del Mar
· San Jose
Prices for these classes:
1) $200 private renewal
2) $300 private pre-licensing
Additionally, we offer a “travel out” to your location
· the cost is $800 for up to three students, $200 for each additional student
· statewide coverage
· limited by our availability
Pre-License Only Class Options and Information:
· You must attend the class in person (6 hrs).
· You will study and take the DMV practice exam similar to the one given by your local inspector.
· A course certificate suitable for framing will be presented upon completion.
· Your certificate is good for one year.
· All materials are included.
Prices for these classes:
1) $100 – take our online tutorial before attending class & get $100.00 off your tuition
2) $200 – saves your seat
3) $300 – private pre-licensing class
COMMERCIAL INSURANCE SERVICES
General Liability – Commercial Property – Garage Liability – Commercial Auto – Umbrella & Excess
Worker’s Compensation – Professional Liability – Medical/Healthcare – Ocean Marine
Since 1985 we have provided affordable premiums with the correct coverage
for various business entities throughout California. We are experts in “problem solving”
for all lines of commercial coverages and specializing in challenging risks.
Receive service with your premium payments… Give us a call to see how we can help.
Direct 562.795.6611 x 14 | Fax 562.795.6655
Toll Free 800.986.6279 x 14 | Fax 800.818.1095
Jon L. von Arx,
CA Lic. # 0702245
The California driver’s license looks very similar to a plastic credit card with a magnetic “stripe” on the back. The “stripe” holds information which can be read by special scanners. Currently the information on the stripe is the same as the front of the license. It can be used by law enforcement officers to print traffic tickets and by retailers to record information when a customer pays by check. Some privacy advocates are concerned that the magnetic stripe makes it easier for merchants to establish computerized data banks about their customers, and thereby poses a threat to personal privacy.
In California, Civil Code 1798.90.1 prohibits bars, car dealers and others from collecting personal information by swiping the magnetic stripe for purposes other than verifying age or the authenticity of the driver’s license, or preventing fraud.
- Sign up for our 6 hour Car Dealer Pre-Licensing Class. Follow the steps that you are taught, and then get approved by the California DMV as a wholesale dealer.
- Utilize the Web. Did you know that most wholesale dealers search the internet prior to purchasing a vehicle? A good wholesaler will recognize a low priced car at auction buy it and resell it a week later at the same auction.
- Keep in mind that delivery of the vehicle to the buyer must occur at the sellers licensed location. Some wholesalers will buy seasoned stock ( vehicles which are front line ready on a retailers lot but approaching 60 days in inventory ) and swap them out for vehicles freshly obtained. This allows the used car sales manager to restart the clock on that seasoned stock. These deals are often done book for book, the wholesaler ends up with added value. In a front line ready car the wholesaler can sell to another dealer, but it will often take a series of these book for book trades before you can actually see profits. Many small used car lots do not have the time to go to auction. A good wholesaler can stock these smaller lots and make a small profit on each car.
- Don’t ever consign a vehicle to another dealer. The wholesale license is a good starting place for the beginner; lesser bond, easier zoning and access to the market. Dealer plates and insurance are included in the wholesale package but as a wholesaler one can only buy and sell within the industry. That means as a wholesaler you can sell only to other dealers, there is no buying off the street. If and when a wholesaler has a vehicle to sell to the public he/she may draft that sale through a licensed retailer, this is call this a drafted sale.
- Remember the drafted sale creates liability for the retailer. Typical draft fee is $ 500. We advise the following: no loss selling ( wholesaler must sell higher than acquisition cost ), smog safety and verification provided by wholesaler, wholesaler as contact person on the buyers guide, statement from wholesaler assuming all liability if customer is not happy. Then the retailer collects and pays all taxes and fees, and sends the documents to DMV for processing.
- Wholesale Dealers cannot sell to the Public (only to other Car Dealers).
- Wholesale Car Dealers have a lower bond requirement and spend less on insurance.
- When selling to the public you must use a Drafted Sale.
- Wholesale dealers provide a much needed asset to the retail car market. Wholesalers provide cars to retail dealers and often facilitate trades among dealers. A good car buyer will make a little on each car (perhaps $ 300), but can only sell up to 24 cars in one year.
Hope everyone’s summer has been great! We have had a great summer and now are on the Hunt for some inventory. We are looking to represent (Consign/Buy) Exotic, Classic, Muscle, Vintage, Sports and Luxury Cars !
We can Sell your Car! I know what your thinking another Dealership email. We arent your “traditional” Dealership. We believe that we are partners with our clients and we will meet their needs as if they were our own. It is a very simple statement, but selling your vehicle can be a long drawn out process. We have been in the automotive business for years and have a vast knowledge of auto manufactures, vehicles, products and options. We have a wealth of experience in knowing customer’s buying habits or trigger points.
Here are a few details and what to expect……
- we will take professional photos
- CARFAX report for you and potential buyers
- appraisal and price consultation.
- arrange detail and reconditioning services
- field and qualify all incoming calls
- schedule and handle all viewings
- price negotiations communicate with you the details of any potential buyer or offer
Most importantly this will provide a barrier between you and the buyer which preserves your privacy This will save you time and energy not having to deal with test-drives, general inquiries “tire kickers” un-qualified buyer, Have callers stand you up for showings, arrive late or early, and call your home/cell at all hours, Have strangers come to your home to see your vehicle, Receive much less than the actual value of your car and last but not least deal with the dreaded DMV.
We have a established list of vehicle purchasing clientele, colleagues in the industry and other resources to make your selling experience efficient and financially rewarding
Our Bespoke Services help clients buy any type of car, whether it’s a concours, classic rally, daily driver, family car or car for your kids. Maybe you found that special car somewhere else, we offer impartial professional advice and inspections. In addition if you are local we offer a Bespoke program which assist you in scheduling and arranging any vehicle’s servicing or maintenance needs.
Our Jaguar is set to run at the !!Gooding and Company Auction in Pebble Beach Aug. 18-19, 2012‘)
Shift Bespoke Automotive
What’s inside the vehicle history report?
The vehicle history report compiles all available records related to your VIN into a single report. It includes:
- Detailed vehicle specifications
- Current and history title records
- Reported odometer readings & issues
- Checks across 60+ potential title brands
- The date and entity for title brands present
- Records of total-loss reported by insurance companies
- Records of salvage reported by junk and salvage yards
- The contact information associated junk, salvage, and insurance entities
Where does the data come from?
The vehicle history data is supplied by the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS). States, insurance carriers, and salvage yards are required by federal law to report data to NMVTIS. According to NMVTIS, their data providers include over 9000 insurance carriers, auto recyclers, junk yards and salvage yards and their database includes over 40 million salvage or total loss records.
How do I get a report for my vehicle?
You can begin by running an instant lookup on your Vehicle Identification Number.
WE MAKE IT SIMPLE FOR YOU
TO GET LICENSED, BONDED AND INSURED
all licensed car dealers must maintain
used car dealer insurance
and dealer license plates
to operate their vehicles on the roadway
most car dealers offer test drives to potential customers
if the car dealer secures a copy of the prospective buyers
drivers license and insurance card
for an existing vehicle
issues a letter of permission
to the prospective buyer
( such test drive is legal for up to 7 days )
11580 of the insurance code goes into effect
( the buyers insurance is now covering the dealers vehicle )
should you not get the best training possible
when applying for your car dealer license??
we suggest you invest in our training
the only #realcardealerschool
whose instructors are actually
real licensed retail car dealers
established in 1998
we teach car dealer school
find out why we are the #1cardealerschool
good car dealer education really does make a difference
get licensed within 30 days
the pre-licensing car dealer school powerpoint practice examination
enables the car dealer licensing student to take a test drive
thru the dmv certified pre-licensing in-person course
we make it simple for anyone to get licensed
see you there
powerpoint practice DMV examination for car dealer license applicants:
View Prices » Register Now »VinAudit.com makes it easy:
Get full, online NMVTIS vehicle reports you can save, email, or print.
Access instant reports through our web, desktop, and mobile interfaces.
Members can order warning stickers for 25 cents per sticker.
We offer the lowest prices among first-level NMVTIS providers.
What is AB1215?
California Assembly Bill 1215 requires that all licensed auto dealers in California run vehicle history reports through the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) for each used vehicle sold, with a red warning sticker required on vehicles reported to be salvage, total loss, or title-branded.
More on AB1215 » More on NMVTIS »
- $20 per month
- $1 per report
Pay month-by-month, expect no other fees, and cancel at any time.
How do I get started?
Simply register below to get a VinAudit.com dealer account below, and start running NMVTIS reports in minutes.
|I agree to the VA Partner Agreement.|
|I agree to the NMVTIS Disclaimer.|